Our Vision, Mandate, and Values
Rights, choices and security for all British Columbians.
The mandate of the Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT) is to:
- Protect the legal and financial interests of children under the age of 19 years;
- Protect the legal, financial, personal and health care interests of adults who require assistance in decision making; and
- Administer the estates of deceased and missing persons.
Seven major values underpin PGT work and are reflected in all aspects of PGT performance:
- Integrity: We act in accordance with the highest ethical, legal and personal standards.
- Client Centred Service: We constantly strive to provide quality service to our clients.
- Openness: We demonstrate responsibility and transparency to clients, government and the public through annual statutory public reporting on all aspects of our performance.
- Respect: We treat clients, family and friends in a courteous, respectful manner.
- Teamwork: We work with one another and with service partners in striving for seamless service delivery.
- Staff Support: We acknowledge staff as our greatest resource and recognize and appreciate their expertise, professionalism and commitment.
- Innovation: We challenge ourselves to seek new and improved ways to deliver service and assist clients.