Our Vision, Mission, and Values
Rights, choices and security for all British Columbians.
The Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT) mission is to safeguard and uphold the legal and financial interests of children; manage the legal, financial and personal care interests of adults needing assistance in decision making; and administer the estates of deceased and missing persons.
Seven major values underpin PGT work and are reflected in all aspects of PGT performance:
- Integrity: We act in accordance with the highest ethical, legal and personal standards.
- Client Centred Service: We constantly strive to provide quality service to our clients.
- Openness: We demonstrate responsibility and transparency to clients, government and the public through annual statutory public reporting on all aspects of our performance.
- Respect: We treat clients, family and friends in a courteous, respectful manner.
- Teamwork: We work with one another and with service partners in striving for seamless service delivery.
- Staff Support: We acknowledge staff as our greatest resource and recognize and appreciate their expertise, professionalism and commitment.
- Innovation: We challenge ourselves to seek new and improved ways to deliver service and assist clients.